In order to foster the culture of innovation among faculty and the students, Innovation Cell was established in the college. The Cell aims to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. The Innovation cell also strives to create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem in the campus and also provides a forum for scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. SreeVidyanikethan Engineering College has established Institution Innovation Council (IIC) as per the norms of MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India to foster the culture of Innovation among Higher Education Institutions.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities too inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship
- To motivate, support and mentor students for identification and development of their innovative ideas.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
- To catalyze and promote the development of knowledge-based and innovation-driven enterprises.
- SreeVidyanikethan Engineering College IIC has been recognized as Best Performing Institution from the South Central Zone (SCRO) for the Year 2018-19 by MHRD’s Innovation Cell and has been felicitated by Hon’ble Minister of HRD Shri. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank during “First Annual Innovation Festival” held at AICTE Head Quarters, New Delhi on 11-09-2019
- Secured First Rank in the Technology Entrepreneurship Program (TEP) BY Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad IN March 2020 for submitting a startup proposal on e-waste management.
- One of our team has been shortlisted for SIH-2020 Grand Finale by MHRD for proposing a solution to a problem stated by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Two projects based on AR/VR technology were short listed for finals in “ Cognizant Best Students Project Award”-2020.
- Mr. Y Vamsi Krishna, Innovation cell student co-ordinator and IV B.Tech student was selected as Developers student club lead from SreeVidyanikethan engineering college and was also sponsored by Google India to attend DSC2019 summit held at GOA.
- Mr. Y Vamsi Krishna, Innovation cell student co-ordinator Completed 2 consecutive years as Microsoft Student partner and got certified from Microsoft.
- He Served as IEEE Day & IEEE PES DAY Ambassador for the academic year 2019 and got Selected as IEEE STUDENT BRANCH CHAIR for SreeVidyanikethan engineering college.