Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College (Autonomous) has been selected for establishing AICTE- IDEA (Idea Development, Evaluation & Application) Lab on the campus with a funding of Rs 1.13 Crores from AICTE, Host institute and Industry on 12th June, 2021. AICTE selected only 49 institutions across the country to establish AICTE- IDEA lab on their Campus.
As a common facility on the campus, IDEA lab is to encourage students for application of Science and Technology and Engineering towards enhanced hands-on experience, learning by doing and product visualization. The IDEA lab will make Engineering students more imaginative and creative besides getting basic training in 21st century skills like critical thinking, problems solving, design thinking, collaboration, communication, lifelong learning etc.,
The lab shall ideally remain open 24X7, shall equip all the required facilities, tools and consumables to support translation of idea into prototype development or development of a solution for a problem. As a part of activities envisaged, Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College will hold FDPs, workshops, training and ideation sessions, boot-camps, competitions, Internships with industry, Professional skilling programs, awareness workshops for industry etc. and shall participate in similar activities at national and international level.
The IDEA lab is established with funding from AICTE, Institute and Industry and will be managed by Dr. B.M. Sathish, Principal as Chief Mentor (CM), Dr. N. Padmaja, Professor, Dept., of ECE as Faculty Coordinator (FC) and Dr. A.K. Damodaram, Professor, Dept., of ME as Faculty Co-coordinator (FCC) and selected students from 3rd and 4th year as Student Ambassadors.
To transform technical education by empowering young minds with cutting edge tools, processes and skills.
- Establish a national network promoting new age learning.
- Provide a platform to experiment with ideas for qualitative change in life of Compatriots.
- Create a vibrant mentor network for enhancing capabilities of young minds.
- Support and catalyze multidisciplinary education and research.
- Encourage students for application of Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fundamentals towards enhanced hands-on experience, learning by doing and even product visualization.
- Empower students and faculty to “engage, explore, experience, express and excel”, addressing the need of new age learning.
- Provide a common facility with all the required facilities, tools and consumables under one roof to support translation of idea into prototype development.
- Organize FDPs, workshops, training and ideation sessions, boot-camps, competitions, Internships with industry, Professional skilling programs, awareness workshops for industry etc. for students and faculty.