M.Tech – Computer Networks and Information Security (CN&IS)
SVEC’s Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) department was established in the year 1996.The Department offers two PG programs and one of them is the M.Tech (Computer Networks and Information Security) with an intake of 18. The Department regularly conducts Guest Lectures, Expert Lectures, Seminars, Workshops and Add-on courses, alongside technical symposiums or conferences conducted by various organizations. About 15 students are attached to a mentor to guide, motivate and counsel them in academic and career guidance. The Department’s student technical association – Computer Engineers technical association (CETA), organizes co-curricular and extra-curricular activities regularly to enhance the scope for learning, thereby boosting the confidence of the students.
To become a Centre of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering by imparting high quality education through teaching, training and research.
- The department of Computer Science and Engineering is a established to provide undergraduate and graduate education in the field of Computer Science and engineering to students with diverse background in foundations of software and hardware through a broad curriculum and strongly focused on developing advanced knowledge to become future leaders.
- Create knowledge of advanced concepts, innovative technologies and develop research aptitude for contributing to the needs of industry and society.
- Develop professional and soft skills for improved knowledge and employability of students.
- Encourage students to engage in life-long learning to create awareness of the contemporary developments in computer science and engineering to become outstanding professionals.
- Develop attitude for ethical and social responsibilities in professional practice at regional, National and International levels.
The CSE Department in SVEC hosts 50 exceptionally trained faculty members who come with expertise and excellence in academics. While 15 faculty members are Ph.D. holders and 17 faculty members are pursuing their Ph.D., the remaining have a minimum qualification of M.Tech. The Department is also supported with 10 non-teaching staff that plays an important role in shaping the future of our CSE students.